Back to School Info
Bus routes are being updated and a transportation form MUST be completed and returned if you would like your child(ren) to ride the bus in the fall. Please note, if you did not turn in a transportation form or confirmation letter for the 2021-2022 school year, your child’s stop may be removed.
- If you have received a mailed transportation letter, please return that as soon as possible.
- If you did not receive a letter, attached you will find the transportation form. Please complete and either: a) fax to District Office at 989-652-9780 b) scan and email to email@example.com or c) take a picture on your phone and email the form to firstname.lastname@example.org
If your child is a new student or is a new rider on a bus, either the bus driver or Mrs. Metiva will contact you to let you know more about your transportation request and approximate times, if needed, in mid to late August.
Request for Transportation
To initiate transportation, please complete a Transportation Form and submit the form to the District Office. Within a few days, you will be notified regarding pick-up and drop off times.
- The transportation office is staffed from 6:00-8:00 AM and 2:30-4:30 PM. Please feel free to leave a message at any time and someone will return your call as soon as possible.
- You must live 1.5 miles or further from the bus garage at 1075 Genesee (the transportation department has distance/traveling software)
- You must be in district to receive transportation – bussing is not allowed, due to liability reasons, if you are out of district / school of choice student.
- Your child(ren) must be picked up at your home in the morning, any alternative pick up will need to be approved by the Transportation Director, Tammy Metiva. In the afternoon you may have ONE alternative drop off location within the Frankenmuth School District.
- Bus passes are not allowed. Students are expected to ride their designated bus.
- Elementary students must have a visible parent/guardian/babysitter in order for the bus driver to leave the child(ren). If there is no visible adult, the bus driver will bring the child back to their school and it will be the parents responsibility to pick the child up in a timely manner.
- If you would like to request your older elementary student be left without adult supervision, please submit a letter/note to Tammy Metiva for consideration. Your written letter/note may be brought in to any FSD school or emailed directly to email@example.com
If you have any specific bussing or transportation questions, please contact Tammy Metiva at Transportation’s direct phone number 989-652-5010 or 989-652-5011.
Transportation Office: (989) 652-5010
District Office: (989) 652-9958