FSD Career Opportunites
Thank you for your interest in career opportunities with the Frankenmuth School District. The following positions are available.
If you are having trouble viewing this page or need any additional information please contact Penny Malicoat in the District Office by phone at (989) 652-9958 or by email at PMalicoat@fmuthschools.com.
Organization: Frankenmuth High School
Our Mission: The mission of the Frankenmuth School District is to provide each student, to the fullest extent possible, a fund of knowledge, skills, positive attitudes, and ethical values with which to understand the world, gain productive employment, and successfully manage the changes the future will bring.
General State of Duties
This vacancy is open until filled. To develop principles of fair play, a sense of confidence, and self-discipline through the development and extension of various tennis skills as provided by interscholastic competition.
- Organizes the overall tennis program
- Prepares players both physically and mentally for interscholastic competition through practice, teaching of fundamental skills, and knowledge of rules
- Supervises the cleaning, storage, and proper care of all equipment
- Fosters good school-community relations by keeping the community aware of and responsive to the athletic program
- Conducts pre-season meetings with parents and players
- Prepares daily practice schedule and conducts practice sessions
- Coordinates and Assists in Fundraising activities
- Works with the athletics director in scheduling facilities for practices and competition.
- Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior and provides proper supervision of athletes at all times.
- Models sports-like behavior and maintains appropriate conduct towards players, officials, and spectators.
- Acts as a team representative and promotes the sport by communicating with the news media, Frankenmuth Athletic Association, service clubs, and other organizations.
- Follows established procedures for the proper care, maintenance, and requisitioning of equipment, supplies, and uniforms.
Some experience as a tennis coach or assistant coach at the high school or college level
preferred. Must possess effective coaching techniques and skills. Must possess a thorough knowledge of the rules, regulations, strategies, and techniques of the sport. Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school administrators, parents, and students. Must be 18 years of age or older.
This vacancy is open until filled. Please refer any questions to Mr. Kevin Schwedler, Athletic Director at Frankenmuth High School, at 989-652-1933 (email@example.com).
How To Apply
To be considered for the listed vacancy, you must submit a cover letter, resume, and list of three references to:
Frankenmuth School District
Kevin Schwedler, Athletic Director
Department of Athletics
525 E. Genesee
Frankenmuth, MI 48734
Fax: (989) 652-7253
POSITION: School Counselor or School Social Worker
WORK YEAR: Contract Length Determined by Master Agreement
REPORTS TO: Building Principal
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Masters Degree in Guidance and Counseling with NT Counseling endorsement in addition to a valid teaching certificate OR credentials as either a Licensed Professional Counselor (LLPC or LPC) or as a School Social Worker (SSW)
• Facilitate the Student Assistance Team process when assistance is requested by staff and/or parents.
• Use data to make informed decisions about school initiatives and individual student support.
• Us research-based interventions to support student growth.
• Counsel individuals and small groups of students toward academic, social and emotional growth.
• Consult with and train teachers, parents and staff regarding student needs.
• Refer students and their parents to special programs, specialists and outside agencies.
• Facilitate the implementation of the school’s Bullying Prevention Curriculum.
• Assist in implementing school wide PBIS practices and interventions.
• Manage administration of state standardized testing.
• Proved orientation for new students.
• Serve as a specialist in children’s social, emotional, and behavioral needs and act as a referral agent for district and community health, social, and special services as needed by students.
• Assist in promoting parent involvement, community relations, program evaluation and curriculum support where appropriate.
• Teach classroom guidance lessons including Conflict Resolution and Social Skills or other lessons as requested by the classroom teacher
• Adhere to laws, policies, procedures and ethical standards of the school counseling profession.
Salary benefits: As specified in the FTPO Master Agreement.
Send resume, transcripts and three professional reference letters to:
Grant Hegenauer, Superintendent
525 East Genesee Street
Frankenmuth, MI 48734
Application deadline: Until Filled
Frankenmuth School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, including sexual orientation or transgender identity, disability, age, religion, height, weight, marital or family status, military status, ancestry, genetic information, or any other legally protected category in its programs and activities, including employment opportunities.
Please mail or email your letter of interest to Special Education Director David Compau in writing.
Information should be sent to:
EF Rittmueller Middle School
965 East Genesee
Frankenmuth, MI 48734
Due to the popularity and great quality child care program here at the Frankenmuth School District, we are in need of immediate staff ages 18 and up. We have a record number of children in our program and want to ensure we maintain our amazing standard of care. This position is perfect for college students, stay at home parents while their children are in school, those interested in education and also for high school students who are 18 years old to work after school. If you know someone or have a responsible student in your class in need of a great job that they do not have to work weekends, simply let Carrie know! Child care work opportunities are from 6:30am-6:00pm M-F. To apply, please contact Carrie Johnson. 989-502-1724 or firstname.lastname@example.org