Submit your Hall of Fame Nominations

Food Service

Contact Info

525 E Genesee St.
Frankenmuth, MI 48734

Food Service:
(989) 652-1937

Welcome to Food Service!

Frankenmuth School District is excited to offer free breakfast and lunch to all students starting this new school year, thanks to the Michigan Healthy School Meals Program! The Michigan School Meals program was signed into law in the Fiscal Year 2024 Michigan State School Aid Budget. The funding allows for all public school students, grades Pre-K to 12, to eat breakfast and lunch for free.

Michigan School Meals Program – Frequently Asked Questions

*IMPORTANT* Please complete an application! If you qualify for free and/or reduced lunches, based on the below guidelines, please complete a Free and Reduced Application. Even though standard school meals will be provided for free, it is important for families to still submit the appropriate household income documentation in order for students to receive other associated benefits and for our schools to receive full access to federal and state funding for educational programs to which our students are entitled. Additional benefits for students include reduced fees for AP exams, reduced pay-to-participate fees, and more. This will also provide you with the comfort of knowing you will be covered if the free program is revoked. Applications can be given to the school secretaries or emailed to Cindy Hegenauer at

Please note that “double servings/seconds” and ala carte items are available. These purchases are not covered under the free breakfast and lunch program because they are additional, extra items. Double servings and Ala carte items will be available to purchase with cash or using the student’s Skyward lunch account if funds are available in their account.


Full Price/Reduced PriceFull Price/Reduced Price
Frankenmuth High School$1.60/$.30$3.00/$.40
Rittmueller Middle School$1.50/$.30$2.75/$.40
List Elementary School$1.45/$.30$2.55/$.40
Milk: $.60Milk: $.60


How does my child get a lunch account?

When you enrolled in the Frankenmuth School District, and were approved, your child(ren) were assigned a lunch account.

Do my child(ren) have their own accounts?

The lunch account is set up as a family account. It will be a shared account with all siblings. For example, if you have $10 in your lunch account and your child Sally, in the elementary school, purchases lunch and James, in the high school, purchases lunch, your ending day lunch account balance would be approximately $5.

How do I know what my lunch account balance is?

Lunch balances are confidential; only parents/guardians and Food Service are able to see balances. Please sign into your Skyward account, click on the Food Service tab (to the left side of the screen) and your balance will be shown. If necessary, you may also contact Food Service to verbally request your balance.

How do I put money in my lunch account?

You can give cash or check (made out to FSD) to any FSD school. You can also pay with a credit card online by signing into your Skyward and clicking the Food Service tab (on the left side of the screen) and then click on “Make a Payment”.

How much money should I put in?

It is your personal preference but we suggest $20. You can put in more so you don’t have to think about it too!

Oh no, I accidentally put $1000 in my lunch account instead of $100.

If you put the wrong amount in your lunch account, or move and leave the district, you can request a refund of your funds. Just call or email Cindy Hegenauer at 989-652-1937 and/or email

What is my child spending their lunch money on?

Sometimes children like to indulge in purchasing “extras” whether it be extra milks, entrees, or snacks. Parents/Guardians can see exactly what their child has purchased by signing into your Skyward, clicking on the Food Service tab (on the left side of the screen).

How do I apply for Free and Reduced lunches?

The federal income guidelines have been released for the 2023-2024 school year. Please see the document section of this page for the parent letter and application. Please remember that an application must be submitted every new school year. Take your completed and signed application to any FSD school office or email to Cindy Hegenauer at

Our Staff

Cindy Hegenauer
Food Service Director

Translate »